Published on July 25th, 2017 | by Genevieve Mc Bride0
FXhibition: San Diego Comic-Con Images
FX Networks unveiled FXhibition at the Hilton Bayfront Hotel for San Diego Comic Con 2017, featuring groundbreaking activations and installations from fan favorite series Legion, American Horror Story, Atlanta, Archer and The Strain.
Stars Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza, Jean Smart, and Rachel Keller played around with The Legion Mixed Reality Experience based upon their hit show, which utilized Microsoft HoloLens technology in collaboration with real-life actors to bring the critically-acclaimed series to life. The experience transported fans into the headspace of David Haller, interacting with his world through key scenes from Legion season 1, and for the first time, gave a sneak peek into season 2. On Friday evening, July 21, FX hosted an early screening of the first two episodes of the new and final season of The Strain.
On Thursday night FX surprised American Horror Story fans with a teaser for the upcoming seventh installment projected over the bay adjacent to the FXhibition. The end of the teaser, along with terrifying clown messengers encouraged viewers to visit AHS7.com where the the title of the next installment, American Horror Story:Cult, was revealed.
Additional activations included:
- AMERICAN HORROR STORY ZOETROPE: Fans got a tease of the upcoming season through the mesmerizing, larger-than-life AHS Zoetrope. The mind-bending experience presented the chilling series in a whole new way.
- ATLANTA PHOTO BOOTH: Inspired by breakout series Atlanta, the booth played off the series’ mix of surreal elements with hyper-real themes. Participants captured shareable videos of themselves walking up walls and treading on the ceiling as they experienced life from every perspective.
- THE FX SCENE STEALER: With the power of green screen technology, attendants starred in personalized scenes from original series like It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer, Legion, and The Strain.
- THE STRAIN SUN PROTECTION STATION: Featuring some of the show’s iconic props including Bolivar’s head and multiple stingers, the station provided life-saving sunscreen to protect fans from the sunny San Diego rays.
- SNOWFALL LACING STATION: Fans got their own sneakers re-laced by experts in unique styles with FXbranded laces.
- THE ARCHER WET BAR: Fans were able to rehydrate with water Archer style
- FX SWAG BOX: A branded claw machine distributed limited edition prizes