Published on June 28th, 2018 | by gareth0
Buffy To Co-Slay With A Prize-Filled Vampire Hunt At San Diego Comic-Con
I always love events like this at SDCC. There are so many fun events happing.
BUFFY TO CO-SLAY SAN DIEGO WITH
PRIZE-FILLED VAMPIRE HUNT
High ‘Stakes’ Fun as Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fans will Score Tons of Free Swag In & Around the Convention Center
LOS ANGELES, CA (June 27, 2018) – To celebrate Buffy the Vampire Slayer, on Saturday, July 21st, 20th Century Fox Consumer Products invites Buffy fans on the first-ever Buffy Vampire Hunt through San Diego. Every fan becomes a slayer as they must locate each ‘Vampire Nest’ across the Gaslamp District and throughout San Diego’s Convention Center. At each location, fans will be rewarded with a wide-range of prizes including Buffy Funko figures, posters, stickers, pins, t-shirts, comics and much more.
To participate and to start receiving maps and clues, potential Vampire Hunt Slayers must sign up at Shop.Fox.com, beginning on June 27th at 12 noon PST. Additionally, Shop.Fox.com today unveils all-new exclusive Buffy merchandise to compliment the online retailer’s wide selection of apparel, books, figures, and accessories.
A ‘Scooby Gang’ of licensing partners and publishers are participating in this slayeriffic San Diego activation including:
- Simon & Schuster – From New York Times bestselling author Kiersten White comes Slayer, a brand-new series set in the world of Buffy the Vampire Slayer that introduces a new Slayer as she grapples with the responsibility of managing her incredible powers that she’s just beginning to understand. The first book in the series, which is on sale in January 2019, is now available for pre-order.
- This September, from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, an exciting and hilarious new middle grade story for anyone who likes (or doesn’t like) vampires! Like Star Wars: Jedi Academy and DC Comics’ Secret Hero Society, this action-packed and fun-filled story is told through comics, journal entries, class notes, doodles, text messages, and other in-world artifacts. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: New School Nightmare is now available for pre-sale.
- Quirk Books presents Buffy the Vampire Slayer: A Picture Book — through this all-new new picture book story brought to life with enchanting, colorful illustrations, kid readers can learn about what the world’s strongest vampire slayer was like when she was a kid! The family friendly book releases in September and is now available for pre-sale.
- How to Slay the Buffy Way from HarperCollins is an empowering, inspiring and full of attitude full-color collection of the best lines and iconic scenes from the hit television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Coming this October.
- Now available from Insight Editions, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Slayer Stats: The Complete Infographic Guide to All Things Buffy. This one-of-a-kind infographic guide to all things Buffy blends striking illustrations with a bounty of facts and stats that shed light on just about every aspect of the hit TV series. Full of fun insights and surprising details about the lore, characters, quips, and most legendary episodes, battles, and villains, this refreshing take on the Buffy-verse will delight fans old and new.
- Plus, Dark Horse who continues to treat fans to an ongoing collection of all-new Buffy comics and graphic novels including Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 12 which released this month!