Looking forward to playing this.
In case you missed it, here’s what Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions has in store:
- Two New Main Missions
- Camp White Oak: Division Agents stage a well-planned attack into the presidential compound, as they seek to bring the now-traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice.
- Manning National Zoo: Emeline Shaw, leader of the Outcasts, fled after her defeat in D.C. and is now held up at the Zoo regaining strength. Agents are on the hunt to eliminate Shaw, nipping the Outcasts’ reawakening in the bud.
- New experience: Expeditions
- In this new experience, players enter Kenly College, where contact has been lost with a military convoy full of vital supplies. When they receive what appears to be a final broadcast, they form an expedition to find any surviving members in need of rescue. Expeditions will be split in three different wings for players to complete. Each wing will have a specific theme and tone, to be released on a week-by-week basis. Completing all three wings grants access to an exclusive treasure room full of rewards.
- New Weapons and Gear: Players can obtain:
- One exotic weapon: Diamondback Rifle
- One exotic gear: BTSU Datagloves
- Two weapons: Stoner LMG and Carbine 7
- Classified Assignments: Agents can take on two new classified assignments in Washington’s Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13 (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders).
Alongside content, Episode 1 will also bring game updates based on player feedback:
- New Discovery Difficulty setting for the “Operation Dark Hours” Raid
- The new Discovery Difficulty, along with its corresponding matchmaking option, will allow more players to experience The Division 2 in its entirety. While Operation Dark Hours Exotic loot remains exclusive to the Normal difficulty, Agents playing the Discovery Difficulty can expect a variety of great rewards, while training for the Normal Difficulty.
- Crafting improvements
- Players can now craft their gear up until Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters (available after reaching World Tier 1). Additionally, crafted weapons can now be recalibrated.
- Weapons balancing and skills buff.
- As part of the ongoing updates to answer community feedback, awaited balance and buffs will be added to the next title update. This update will include an overhaul of Skills, as each Skill power will be fine-tuned, adding more to agents’ build.
Episode 1 is just the first of new episodes that are part of The Division 2’s Year 1 Roadmap. Here is what you can expect in the coming months:
- Episode 2 Pentagon: The Last Castle – Fall 2019: Taking place at the Pentagon, players in Episode 2 will experience escalation in DC. The Black Tusks continue to wreak havoc around the city and it’s up to the Agents to stop them. In Episode 2 main missions players must fight to solve the ongoing outbreak crisis. Agents have to defend the Pentagon, and its secrets from the Black Tusk.
Episode 2 will bring a new iteration of the most challenging content to date; our second 8-player Raid. This time, Agents will venture in the core of a Foundry, setting the stage for epic combats in the middle of melted metal and massive metal castings.
- Episode 3 Homecoming – Early 2020: A showdown takes place in Episode 3 that will lead players to Coney Island. Agents will encounter new challenges as they must stop a familiar nemesis and face the biggest threat of all.