Published on May 14th, 2020 | by gareth0
Fallout 76 Reveals New Roadmap
Nice to see what will follow Wastelanders. I am curious about the new storyline and how the changes will go over with players.
Today we released the 2020 roadmap for Fallout 76. The roadmap outlines future content coming to Fallout 76 this year including the introduction of Seasons, a major rebalancing of combat and rewards for Dwellers of all levels, C.A.M.P. Shelters, Legendary Perks, plus the start of a yearlong Brotherhood of Steel story arc and more.
Introducing 76 Seasons! Seasons bring a new account-wide progression system to Fallout 76 that overhauls the current Challenge system and helps players rake in lots of new rewards along the way. Seasons will be available to all players and offer a unified progression path to unlock dozens of new and unique rewards from Power Armor paints and C.A.M.P. items to Atoms, Legendary Scrip, Perk Packs, and so much more.
In place of the old Challenge system that rewarded Atoms for completing Daily and Weekly Challenges, players will instead earn a new currency: S.C.O.R.E. points. These points will advance players in their Seasonal progression on the road to unlocking some incredible rewards. The result is a more engaging, flexible, and fun experience for all types of players. While Seasons are still subject to change based on internal playtests and player feedback, here’s a bit more on how Seasons currently work:
· Players will see a new option on the Main Menu that will take them to a uniquely Fallout-themed seasonal progression screen. During Season 1, this will be a Captain Cosmos-themed boardgame!
· All players begin at the first space on the board — Rank 1 out of 100. Advancing along the board involves acquiring a new type of currency, S.C.O.R.E., obtainable through the revamped Challenge system and other in-game activities.
· Challenges will be less complicated and easier to complete, typically involving activities players would complete by playing Fallout 76 as they normally would.
· Rewards are handed out at every rank, with bigger rewards the more you advance and at specific milestones (Rank 25, 50, 76, etc).
· Players will have the option to spend 150 Atoms to skip ranks after the first two weeks of a Season. After two weeks, players can move ahead in ranks by spending Atoms as a means for those late to a Season a chance to catch up.
· Seasons will run for 10 weeks with a two-week break between the end of one season the start of the next.
The inaugural Season kicks off with Patch 20 this Summer!