Published on June 23rd, 2020 | by gareth2
Atari Launches Asteroids On Antstream Arcade
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Today, one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and entertainment producers, Atari®, and the world’s first and largest retro game subscription service, Antstream Arcade, announced their combined effort to bring to life a massive online streaming challenge for Asteroids®, the all-time classic arcade game.
To celebrate the upcoming launch of the Atari VCS and the arrival of Antstream Arcade’s beta service in the United States, from June 26 to July 2, players can battle for leaderboard dominance in the first-ever Atari-sanctioned streaming challenge, hosted at antstream.com. This is a chance for retro and modern gamers to show their rock-blasting, UFO-busting, hyperspace-hopping skills for all the world to see, and for a chance to win free memberships to Antstream’s streaming game service!
By visiting antstream.com, fans can get an early sneak peek at how the iconic roster of Atari® titles will play on the Antstream service. As part of its launch, the Atari VCS comes packed with a free 21-day trial to all Antstream titles, in addition to the online service’s hallmark Atari® catalog.
- The challenge runs from June 26 to July 2, 2020.
- This will be the first time U.S.-based gamers will be able to participate in Antstream Arcade’s “Full Throttle” challenge in Asteroids®, where players will find their ship’s thrusters permanently on, shooting disabled, and the difficulty cranked to the next level!
- All U.S.-based players will able to enter the challenge via a free, time-limited 21-day trial of Antstream using the code ‘AtariTrial’ (no credit card required)
- The top three players will receive a one-year Antstream membership.
- Sign-up at antstream.com using the code “AtariTrial”