Looks like lots of great questing ahead for fans of the game.
Continuing The Elder Scrolls Online’s Dark Heart of Skyrim year-long adventure, the two-dungeon Stonethorn DLC and Update 27 are live today for PC, Stadia, and Mac. Update 27, a free update that brings a series of quality-of-life improvements, fixes, and balance changes to the game also released today. Stonethorn will release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 next week on September 1.
- For more details about Update 27 improvements: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58465
The penultimate update to ESO’s Dark Heart of Skyrim brings two new dungeons—Castle Thorn and Stone Garden—and are filled with monstrous beasts and challenging battles to overcome, new questlines to experience, and additional Achievements, item sets, and collectibles to earn. While these dungeons are part of a larger, grand narrative, new and existing players can jump in and enjoy their stories without having to complete any of the previous adventures in the Dark Heart of Skyrim storyline.
- Stonethorn dungeon DLC: Castle Thorn and Stone Garden
- Castle Thorn – A Vampire army rises from the fortified halls of Castle Thorn, led by the keep’s master, the powerful Lady Thorn. Before this dread host can march on the people of Western Skyrim, players must assault the fortress, fight their way through this monstrous legion, and put a stop to their invasion. Here’s a preview of Castle Thorn.
- Stone Garden – The mad Alchemist Arkasis has been busy concocting terrible creatures in his secret laboratory. The dark creations of the Stone Garden, found deep within the caverns of Blackreach, are like nothing players have ever faced before. Confront the evil genius and his horrifying experiments, to prevent new monsters from rising from the depths. Here’s a preview of Stone Garden.
- Update 27 (free): quality-of-life improvements, fixes, and balance changes
- Character pathing for the housing system (more info here)
- Improvements to game performance
- Various fixes and balance changes