Published on August 9th, 2021 | by minshewnetworks0
5 Things You Need To Know About Craps
Have you ever been to a casino floor and noticed a crowd of jubilant fans around a table, cheering on at every throw of a dice? Well, more often than not, that is what a craps table brings. Craps is a casino game that is played using a board, two dice, and chips to place bets.
Up to 20 players take turns rolling the dice with the aim being to correctly guess the dice value that the shooter will roll. Casino craps online also carry the casino floor excitement albeit in the comfort of your home.
Read on to find out 5 things that you need to know about this high adrenaline casino game.
1. Craps Language
With your money riding on this casino game, it is essential to understand the language used even before you start betting.
Here are some common terms to get you started:
- Boxman- The person watching dealers and keeping an eye on any cheating
- Snake eyes- Two 1’s
- Boxcars- Two 6’s
- Jimmy Hicks-6
- Skinny Dugan- loser 7
- Centre Field-9
- Puppy Paws- Two 5’s
- Skate and Donate-8
- C and E Craps-11
- Craps-12,3 or 2
- Natural Winner-11 or 7
2. Basic Craps Rules
The fundamental rule in a game of craps is the pass-line bet. The rule is that your bet must be at most the table maximum and at least the table minimum. A come-out roll of 7 or 11 wins you the bet while 12, 3, or 2 means you have lost the bet.
A pass line bet is essentially a bet for the shooter to win.
3. How to Play
The craps game works as follows:
- Choose a bet and place your chips on it.
- Players take turns in rolling the dice. This first roll is called a ‘come-out roll’.
- The shooter keeps rolling the dice until hitting a losing combination.
- The round ends with a ‘natural’ which is a total dice value of 7 or 11 or ‘craps’, a total dice value of 2, 3 or 12.
- A total dice value roll of 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 gives a ‘point’. This starts the next stage of the craps game.
- The base dealer places a puck point on the table and collects additional bets.
- The shooter rolls the dice again.
- The craps game ends with a roll of 7 or the point number.
4. Different Types of Craps Bets
Although the premise of the game is betting on the outcome of a two-dice roll, the existence of many types of bet options may be confusing. However, you do not need to know each one of them to enjoy playing.
Here are the most common types of craps bets:
Pass Line Bet
This is the most popular craps bet and the easiest to make. It has a house edge of 1.41%. Players bet on the shooter landing an 11 or 7 on the come-out roll before a 12,3 or 2.
The pass bet loses if the dice lands on 2,3 or 12 and wins on 11 or 7. Any other number keeps the bet in play.
Don’t Pass Line Bet
This bet operates in reverse of the pass line bet. Players win on a 3 or 2 roll and lose on an 11 or 7 roll. For a player to win, there should be no number appearing before a 7.
Although this bet has an appealing lower house edge, it is unpopular as a player essentially bets on other players to lose.
The rules to this bet are similar to those in a pass line bet. However, players can only place this bet after the point is established. This bet travels to the box number which is rolled next.
A come bet means a player is betting on the shooter to land an 11 or 7 on the dice before the come point.
Don’t Come Bet
This is a reverse option of the come bet. Players bet on the shooter landing a 3 or 2 before an 11 or 7 after the point has been set. A tie occurs when the dice lands on 12.
5. Craps Betting Tips
We have provided some tips below that can help you get the most out of playing craps:
- Use online casinos as much as possible to learn the game.
- Familiarize yourself with different bets.
- Memorize the possible dice combinations.
- Practice on free games first.
- Take full advantage of comps and bonuses on offer.
- Avoid craps tables with minimum bet limits that exceed your bankroll.
- Choose an approach that best suits you.
- Keep your discipline.
- Focus on the fun.
Craps is an exciting game that can be enjoyed either in a casino or online gambling site. Once you learn the different bets and rules, you can play for real money and win big.
Use this article and practice to become a regular at the craps table in no time.