Published on April 12th, 2022 | by gareth0
SteelSeries Reveals New Aerox Gaming Mice
SteelSeries has a new Digital Mouse and they look like an ideal fit for gamers who are looking to style up their mouse yet maintain performance.
– SteelSeries, the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals, today unveiled three new additions to its award-winning family of Aerox mice, creating the fusion of ultra-lightweight design and customizable button options for maximum precision, speed, and comfort to every style of gamer. Similar to the way innovations in aerospace bring advanced technologies and design improvements to new product categories, the ultralight and structural designs first seen in the Aerox 3 expand their reach with the new Aerox 5, Aerox 5 Wireless, and Aerox 9 Wireless mice.
Less weight equates to speed and endurance. Speed and endurance equate to wins. Whatever the game, players want an edge, the ability to play better, and the ability to win. Whether they’re playing competitively online or trying to advance past the last boss of a Souls game for the 17th time, the ultra-lightweight Aerox line of mice gives gamers the ability to move quicker, more precisely, and with less fatigue so they can maintain their level of gameplay no matter how long the gaming session.
Customization is key. From the apps and shortcuts on a mobile phone to a coffee at Starbucks, nearly everything in life is customizable today. The way people play games should be no different.
Now, gamers can customize the programmable buttons on the Aerox 5, Aerox 5 Wireless, and Aerox 9 Wireless and have immediate access to whatever they want, whenever they need it, at their fingertips.
From shortcuts and macros for Fortnite or League of Legends to the synced RGB lighting for a gamer’s battlestation, the new lineup of Aerox mice can be customized to suit any style of play or environment.
- SteelSeries Aerox 5 – LIGHTning Fast. The lightest multi-genre mouse on the planet barely registers on the scales at a featherlight 66g. Combining ultra-lightweight design with 9 programmable buttons, the Aerox 5 provides players true versatility and the ability to adapt to whatever game or genre they play in an instant. The TrueMove Air sensor and 100% Virgin Grade PTFE feet ensure that every swipe is effortless and tracked with pinpoint accuracy, while our Golden Micro IP54 switches mean every shot is registered exactly as a player wants it to be. Brilliant PrismSync Lighting provides 3 RGB zones and a water-resistant AquaBarrier™ provides an IP54 safety rating – providing peace of mind from spills and accidents.
- SteelSeries Aerox 5 Wireless – Fusing Customization x Unleashed Performance. The lightest multi-genre wireless mouse on the planet weighs in at 74g while providing up to 180 hours of battery life. A mere 15-minute charging provides 40+ hours of use. Utilizing Quantum 2.0 Wireless and Bluetooth, gamers can play with truly untethered ultralight freedom on multiple devices for longer than ever before. 9 programmable buttons and the TrueMove Air Sensor deliver unrivaled precision and accuracy.
- SteelSeries Aerox 9 Wireless – The Ultimate MOBA and MMO mouse. Bringing the first true innovation to the MMO and MOBA genre in years, the Aerox 9 Wireless weighs just 89g, while giving users access to 12 programmable thumb buttons. The Aerox 9 Wireless utilizes Quantum 2.0 Wireless and Bluetooth for connectivity, next-gen Golden Micro IP54 Switches (rated for 80M clicks [3x the durability found in other gaming mice]), a TrueMove Air gaming sensor, and IP54 rated AquaBarrier™ protection. To keep players cable-free for longer, the lightest MMO/MOBA mouse on the planet delivers up to 180 hours of battery life, with fast recharging capabilities, giving gamers 40+ hours in just 15 minutes.
Available at SteelSeries.com and retailers around the world, the Aerox 5, Aerox 5 Wireless, and Aerox 9 Wireless are available with the following MSRPs:
- Aerox 5 – US $79.99 | EU €89.99 | AP $89.99
- Aerox 5 Wireless – US $139.99 | EU €149.99 | AP $149.99
- Aerox 9 Wireless – US $149.99 | EU €159.99 | AP $159.99