This looks great.
Bungie will introduce the classic King’s Fall raid from the original Destiny to Destiny 2. Those who are willing to delve into the Hive Dreadnaught to face Oryx, The Taken King, will need to brave the ship’s depths in the return of this beloved raid.
Raids are an integral part of Destiny 2, providing top-tier gear in a pinnacle six-person activity. Worldwide, fireteams are training for a chance at the World First title and belt. Those looking to watch the King’s Fall World First race can tune-in to cheer on teams and celebrate the first fireteam across the line.
Check out the King’s Fall raid trailer.
Fireteams looking to brave the King’s Fall World First race will need to keep the following in mind:
- The raid will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours.
- Guardians will need to be at 1560 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing the raid with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director and the secret Triumph.
- Completing the secret Triumph (a curated list of challenges in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode) will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line and claims their prize.
- To enforce the Triumph requirements in the Challenge Mode, a team will wipe if they fail the success conditions during any encounter.
- Note: To alleviate some pressure on our servers, there will be no bounty or weapon crafting progress within the King’s Fall raid during the first weekend.
Guardians who finish the raid will unlock exclusive raid-themed items for purchase through Bungie Rewards on the Bungie Store, such as the King’s Fall Raid Art Print and King’s Fall Raid Pin.
- King’s Fall Raid Ring: unlockable by Guardians who complete the raid by September 6, 2022 9:59 AM PT.
- Kingslayer Seal Collectible Medallion Pin: unlockable by those who complete the Kingslayer Seal and gain the Kingslayer title.