This is a very fun and uniquely creepy game.
Turn on those TVs as the family-favorite Saturday morning puppet-fest My Friendly Neighborhood graces headlines once again!
Last week, during The Indie Horror Showcase, DreadXP announced that its all-ages survival horror game My Friendly Neighborhood will keep the googly-eyed fun going with the release of the kooky and spooky free “Neighborhorde Mode” update. Prepare for so many HUGS that you’ll BURST!
The new Neighborhorde Mode content update brings a terrifying new challenge: survive an onslaught of puppets! Terrorize the masses as one of four playable characters, each with their own unique mechanics in four new combat arenas based on environments from the story campaign. The update also includes bug fixes, as well as other quality-of-life changes.
Featuring a mix of action and adventure, My Friendly Neighborhood is the perfect game for horror fans looking for solid scares over grisly visuals.
Watch the My Friendly Neighborhood Neighborhorde Mode update here:
YouTube | Download
Back in the day, children’s television show The Friendly Neighborhood lit up TV screens and the smiling faces of tots all across the world. Fans loved the show’s colorful cast of friendly fuzzy pals who took them on educational adventures, teaching them valuable life lessons and delighting them with fun games.
Sadly, the show’s popularity waned over time, and the studio ultimately had to shut its doors. Then one night, years later, the show suddenly reappears for a surprise encore… are those puppets eating each other!?
My Friendly Neighborhood Key Features:
- Face the Neighborhorde: Say hello to a horde of new friends in Neighborhorde Mode, a free update where you’ll ward off a relentless series of puppet pals. How long can you avoid being hugged (eaten)? Let’s find out!
- Friends or Foe-zz?: Meet and greet a colorful cast of puppet friends turned adversaries (and maybe turned friends again!)
- Scenes of Explicit Vibes and No-Gore: Non-linear, classically-inspired survival horror gameplay with real-time grid-based inventory
- Toys and Stuff: Arm yourself with unique weapons like the Rolodexer. Do you know your ABCs? You better — it’s your ammo, and ya better manage it carefully
- Brain Teasers: Solve an array of puzzles in the vein of the survival horror greats
Developed by brothers John and Evan Szymanski and published by DreadXP, My Friendly Neighborhood is available now on Windows PC via Steam. The free Neighborhorde Mode content update is available now.
A release date for the PlayStation 4|5 and Xbox One and Series S|X versions of My Friendly Neighborhood will be announced at a later date.