Published on February 23rd, 2022 | by gareth0
Atari Reveals Tempest 4000
One of the classic Arcade game is getting an update.
The original Tempest, one of the first video games to use 3D vector graphics, represents one of Atari’s hallmark titles and is considered one of the most popular arcade games of all time. It has been featured prominently across pop culture — including in Ernest Cline’s dystopian Ready Player One novel.
- A Blast from the Past: Take down hordes of enemies in this fast-paced, retro-arcade style shooter
- Pick a Mode, Any Mode: Pick from three different game modes including Classic, Pure and Survival that will push your skills to the limit
- Level Up: Progress and conquer 100 unique geometric levels by destroying enemies with various weapons and power-ups, and by earning upgrades through bonus rounds
- Scale the Leaderboards: Show off your high score in your quest to be recognized as number one
- Get Bass Boosted: Enjoy the beats of a thumping soundtrack inspired by early 1990’s techno
Developed by Llamasoft, in partnership with designer Jeff Minter, and published by Atari, Tempest 4000 will release on Atari VCS and Nintendo Switch on March 22, 2022. The game is also available for purchase on Steam for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One for $19.99.