Published on August 16th, 2022 | by gareth0
Wrath of the Lich King Classic Arrives Sep 26th
Looks like more great action is coming.
Champions of the Horde and Alliance will begin preparations to face off against the might of the Scourge in Northrend when the pre-patch for Wrath of the Lich King Classic goes live! Wrath Classic’s pre-patch will introduce new features as well as a host of events that mark the start of the campaign against the Lich King and his forces ahead of launch on September 26.
Below is a timeline of what players can look forward to in the pre-patch:
August 30: Pre-patch begins
- Wrath Classic’s systems will go live including character reworks and balancing, the achievements system, the Inscription profession, and landscape updates to Stormwind and Orgrimmar
- New Class – Death Knights: Players will be able to create and level up their first Death Knight free from restrictions during pre-patch
- Additional Death Knights created beyond the first will follow the normal restrictions allowing for one per realm and requiring at least one level 55 character on the realm
- September 6-13: Zombie Plague Event
- A mysterious affliction will be making its way through the capital cities and players will need to be alert to avoid falling victim to its deadly effects
- September 13-launch: Scourge Invasion Events
- In various locations throughout Azeroth, players will garner powerful rewards by coordinating a defensive stand against an attacking Necropolis and defeating Scourge forces on the ground level where crystals appear.
For those who are new or returning to the game, the Joyous Journeys 50% bonus experience event will continue through pre-patch and can be used by Death Knights.
For more information on what to expect throughout pre-patch, visit our World of Warcraft website.