Published on August 18th, 2022 | by gareth0
Call Of Duty Reveals Final Season 5 Update
Looking forward to the update.
All good things must come to an end, but first players must face the Last Stand. Launching August 24, Last Stand features Call of Duty’s most notorious villains for an epic finale, jam-packed with tons of free content for both Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone. Players can deploy as one of the four biggest villains – the charismatic Raul Menendez, the ruthless Khaled Al-Asad, the brainwashed Gabriel T. Rorke and the merciless He “Seraph” Zhen-Shen.
Check out the Last Stand cinematic trailer here:
Last Stand is bringing major updates to all three gaming experiences. In Warzone, Caldera’s Peak is ready to rumble — players can wreak havoc or defend the island from sabotage. In Multiplayer, players will deploy to two new fast-paced maps, Beheaded and Fortress. The Zombies story continues the Dark Aether saga, where players face off against Kortifex the Deathless in Vanguard’s round-based finale, “The Archon.”
Warzone Updates Include:
- Volcanic Activity at Caldera. Ominous seismic activity is occurring at the Peak. Avoid the lava flowing at your feet and watch for molten rocks shooting sky-high and back down to earth again.
- New Caldera Gulag, Lighting Changes. Get back into the match with the new volcanic-themed Gulag inspired by an old favorite. Plus, experience new skies and lighting updates across Caldera and Rebirth Island.
- New Tools and Opportunities. Trigger the Doomsday Station and defend your position to earn a unique cosmetic reward along with powerful in-game items. Up your game with the Supply Box UAV, Personal Supply Box, and Rage Serum.
- Defend or Sabotage Caldera. Compete in the limited-time mode, Operation: Last Call, inspired by Search and Destroy, featuring different outcomes based on your match results. Choose your side in the Heroes vs. Villains Community Event and earn rewards for participating.
Vanguard Updates Include:
- New Maps: Beheaded, Fortress. Take up position inside Lady Liberty’s head in the small post-apocalyptic New York City landscape of Beheaded, and battle in a desert graveyard featuring the remains of old ships in Fortress.
- Round-Based Zombies Finale: “The Archon.” The epic conclusion of Vanguard Zombies is here in the latest round-based experience featuring a familiar hunting ground, new narrative quest and side quests, new Dark Aether story revelations, and the final showdown with Kortifex the Deathless himself.
The finale of Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies, The Archon, arrives next week on August 24, culminating in a larger-than-life confrontation with the former lord of the Dark Aether himself. The new map is a tightly focused experience that takes Gabriel Krafft and his crew back to the Egyptian desert, featuring a new multi-step Main Quest, new Dark Aether narrative intel, new side quests and one epic boss fight.
We are just a couple days out from the launch of Call of Duty: Vanguard’s and Warzone’s final season – Last Stand.
In Warzone beginning with Last Stand, Operators will notice Caldera’s biggest new feature the moment they take off for deployment: The island’s Peak has been transformed by increasing volcanic activity. Lava flows down its slopes, hardening into molten rock, altering the mountain’s geography in several locations from the top to its base.
- Beware: Hot Lava! Watch your step when battling in and around the Peak. Stick your feet in the lava and you’ll start taking heavy damage. Get out at all costs!
- Redeploy, Take a Ride. Take advantage of one of the many Redeploy Balloons set up around Caldera’s Peak to reposition in a pinch, or get away completely by taking control of one of the many vehicles found near the top.
- Gondola Still Operable. A little magma won’t shut down this famed attraction. Take an easy ride to the top of the Peak as the rest of the Operators blast away at each other while playing hopscotch over lava flows.
Players will be challenged with saving Caldera in a Search and Destroy-inspired limited time mode that supports 80 players divided into 20 teams of four, whereby they can choose to either defuse or detonate various bombs throughout the island.
Last Stand also brings new ways to earn loot and conduct battle, from the Doomsday Station to the Rage Serum and other new items.
For additional information, including community events, new Gulag intel and additional new items, head to the Call of Duty blog: https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2022/08/call-of-duty-warzone-season-five-caldera-last-stand-map-intel