This looks like one that fans of the game will want.
Today Modiphius Entertainment, a world-class tabletop publisher and creator, is taking the wraps off Homeworld Fleet Command, a new tabletop miniatures boardgame set in Gearbox Entertainment’s Homeworld Universe. The game puts would-be admirals in charge of Kushan or Taiidan fleets fighting it out in epic 1-4 player galactic battles where it’s victory or death.
Developed in secret by Nick Fallon (Airfix Battles, Kung Fu Panda, and Achtung! Cthulhu Skirmish) and Modiphius CCO Chris Birch, the game has been cleared to leave the scaffold! Inspired by the mechanics of the Airfix Battles Introductory Wargame, Homeworld Fleet Command promises simple fast gameplay showcasing huge battles between squadrons of fighters, corvettes, frigates, destroyers, and fleet-busting capital ships.
Modiphius Entertainment plans to launch Homeworld Fleet Command through a crowdfunding project in the second half of 2022. Backers can expect to get the base game and expansion that offers new ship models, campaign play, ship upgrades, new game mechanics, and much more.
“Homeworld was one of those incredibly memorable moments in video gaming, with huge mind-blowing starship battles and an epic storyline,” said Chris Birch, CCO and Founder of Modiphius Entertainment. “I’ve always wanted to bring that feel to the tabletop, but do it in a way that led to fast and sometimes vicious battles that had a visceral feel but didn’t take days to resolve.”
“Modiphius’s initial pitch was simple and compelling – massive fleet battles that can be played in an hour, all themed around Homeworld,” said Sean Haran, Chief Business Officer of Gearbox Entertainment. “The entire team’s love and enthusiasm for the franchise and this game was contagious so the decision was easy to work with Modiphius on it. We are proud and excited to announce Homeworld Fleet Command to the world and look forward to revealing more in the coming months.”
Features of Homeworld Fleet Command:
- A 10-part campaign that will take players from the first fighter skirmish to epic battles such as Return to Kharak, Supernova Station, and Tenhauser Gate.
- Step-by-step scenarios that make it easy to jump right into the shoes of an Admiral and gradually learn the core game mechanics as the size of your fleet increases.
- 101 plastic ships in the base game including the iconic Mothership, 48 fighters, 24 Corvettes, 24 Frigates, 2 Carriers, and 2 Destroyers and 1 mothership. The expansion adds another 100 ships to grow your fleet.
- Solo rules that let one person play either side against a determined opponent or up to four players can share the command.
- Multiple copies of the game can even be combined to create epic fleet battles!