Atari looks to be continuing the their impressive string.
Watch the announcement trailer:
Mastering the art of turn-based combat is essential to survival in this tortured realm. Each archetypal character class possesses unique abilities that, when skillfully employed, can turn the tide of battle. Kickstart the chaos with Pyro, setting foes ablaze for lingering damage. Unleash the unstoppable duo of Hydromancer and Thrasher, a formidable pair drenching enemies with watery assaults and delivering electrifying surprises. Though the odds seem insurmountable, strategic utilization of each class’ talents, combined with timely upgrades and new abilities, is the key to overcoming the undead (or otherwise disturbing) menaces.
Prepare for endless surprises and relentless challenges, as no two runs in Days of Doom are ever the same. The procedurally generated landscape and the unpredictability of enemy encounters ensure each playthrough offers a fresh opportunity to hone your survival skills, pushing you to the top of your game.Key Features of Days of Doom:
- Beautifully animated hand-drawn art that brings the quirky vision of the post-apocalypse to life
- Eight character classes, each equipped with unique default and special abilities
- A dozen enemies from the archetypal zombie to deadly raiders and mutant reptilians, to explosive monstrosities, and two surprisingly brutal boss fights
- Over 50 randomly occurring events that present risk-reward scenarios
- Over 70 items and runes to collect to turn the odds in your favor
- Roguelite progression means no two runs will be the same, but you permanently upgrade stats like party size and speed of resource accumulation, which means each run will get you closer to reaching your goal
- Original orchestral soundtrack by Jelle Dittmar
Developed by Sneakybox, Days of Doom launches later this year on Windows PC via Steam and Epic, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One and Series X|S, and Atari VCS.